The Steering Committee is the main governing body and decision-making committee for the LRRC and assumes overall responsibility for the consortium’s scientific direction, coordination, and oversight. The Steering Committee establishes priorities for the research and Skills Development Core activities to be funded.
The Steering Committee consists of a Chair Person, one Principal Investigator from each Research Center, the NHLBI Medical Officers, and the Principal Investigator of the ACC.
The current members of the Steering Committee are
- Dr. Edward Morrisey (U Penn) – Chair
- Dr. Harold Chapman (UCSF)
- Dr. Brigid Hogan (Duke)
- Dr. Connie Hsia (UT Southwestern)
- Dr. Laura Niklason (Yale)
- Dr. Jeffrey Whitsett (Cincinnati Children’s Hospital)
- Dr. Scott Palmer (Duke) – ACC Principal Investigator
- Dr. Carol Blaisdell (NHLBI)
- Dr. Sara Lin (NHLBI)